Need Detox? Have a Chronic Disease? Try Ozone Therapy
A unique treatment that can both detoxify and heal the body.
What is Ozone Therapy?
Ozone therapy is a unique treatment that both detoxifies and heals the body. Ozone therapy can be used for many chronic illnesses including chronic infections (Lyme, viral, fungal), autoimmune issues, colitis, allergies, bladder issues, Multiple Sclerosis, chronic fatigue, acute infections (sinus, skin, etc.), aging process, etc. Ozone doesn’t cure these conditions, but it helps the body through better oxygen utilization. It is used in conjunction with all the other approaches offered in the office to help improve a patient’s Wheel of Health. These include hormone balancing, thyroid and adrenal restoration, improved gut function and lifestyle modifications.
What is Ozone?
The oxygen you breathe is present in the air as a pair of oxygen atoms. Ozone is composed of three oxygen atoms instead of two. It is the addition of the third oxygen atom which makes it supercharged oxygen and gives it all its wonderful medical properties.
Isn’t Ozone Toxic?
Ozone is found naturally in the body. Yes, that is correct your white cells produce ozone as part of an immune response. Something your body makes naturally cannot be harmful to the body. Medical grade Ozone, when used according to established guidelines has an unparalleled safety record.
Medical Properties of Ozone
Ozone has five properties that accounts for why it works so well for so many chronic and acute conditions in the body. Before I explain, let me pose a question. Do you often wonder why you feel colder as you age, more short of breath, have decreased exercise tolerance, develop chronic disease, have more weakness and fatigue or more orthopedic pain? It is due to decreased OXYGEN UTILZATION. It has nothing to do with what you take in (Oxygen level may look normal), but it has all to do with how your cells utilize it.
- Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. This means that when the immune system is activated (autoimmunity), ozone will calm it down. Also, when the immune system is depleted (chronic infections, cancer, etc.), ozone will stimulate it. This occurs by ozone’s unique interaction with white cells to release immune messengers called cytokines.
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen through a special enzyme called DPG. In the absence of adequate DPG our cells become starved for oxygen.
- Ozone improves circulation. It does this by improving the flow characteristic of blood as a liquid. Many patients with chronic inflammatory conditions will have impaired circulation.
- Ozone increases antioxidant protection more than any other therapy. Most patients with chronic illness have depleted antioxidant capability.
- Ozone is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant. The mitochondria are the energy source for every cell in your body. The fundamental cause behind all chronic illness from diabetes, heart disease, cancer, chronic fatigue, etc. is decreased mitochondrial energy production.
How is Ozone used medically?
There are numerous ways to use medical ozone - Major Autohemoterapy, Minor Autohemotherapy, Rectal insufflation, Bladder insufflation, Ozonated Saline, Ozonated Oil, Ozonated water, Limb bagging, prolozone and a few others. Dr. Mike will help decide which is best route of administration for you based on the medical condition.
Please click here to view a more detailed explanation of Ozone Therapy.
Please note: The cost of this procedure will not be billed to your insurance company.
For More Information or to Schedule an Appointment, call 314-721-2140